November 5, 2011 5:51:26 PM
UFC 138 Results
Results from UFC 138, held Saturday at LG Arena in Birmingham, England:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV)
- Mark Munoz def. Chris Leben via TKO (doctor's stoppage due to lack of vision in left eye), Rd. 2, 5:00
- (F) Renan Barao def. Brad Pickett via submission (rear naked choke), Rd. 1, 4:09
- Thiago Alves def. Papy Abedi via submission (rear naked choke), Rd. 1, 3:32
- Anthony Perosh def. Cyrille Diabate via submission (rear naked choke), Rd. 2, 3:09
- (S) Terry Etim def. Edward Faaloloto via submission (guillotine), Rd. 1, 0:17
- John Maguire def. Justin Edwards via unanimous dec. (30-27 x 3)
- Philip De Fries def. Rob Broughton via unanimous dec. (29-28 x 3)
- Michihiro Omigawa def. Jason Young via unanimous dec. (29-28 x 3)
- (K) Che Mills def. Chris Cope via TKO (knee), Rd. 1, 0:40
- Chris Cariaso def. Vaughan Lee via split dec. (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
(F) - Fight of the Night: Barao and Pickett received $70,000 bonus
(S) - Submission of the Night: Etim received $70,000 bonus
(K) - Knockout of the Night: Mills received $70,000 bonus
October 23, 2011 9:47:59 AM
Terry Etim vs. Edward Faaloloto takes final spot on UFC 138's main card
UFC officials have confirmed that the lightweight contest between Terry Etim and Edward Faaloloto scheduled for UFC 138 will now be the fifth bout on the Spike TV-broadcast main card.
Etim (14-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) vs. Faaloloto (2-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) was promoted to the main card after a main card contest between Matt Brown and John Hathaway had to be scratched after Hathaway withdrew citing injury.
UFC 138 takes place Nov. 5, emanating from the 16,000-seat LG Arena at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, England.
The night’s event card includes the following matchups:
Main Card (Spike TV)
- Chris Leben vs. Mark Munoz
- Renan Barao vs. Brad Pickett
- Papy Abedi vs. Thiago Alves
- Terry Etim vs. Edward Faaloloto
- Anthony Njokuani vs. Paul Taylor
- Cyrille Diabate vs. Anthony Perosh
- Justin Edwards vs. John Maguire
- Michihiro Omigawa vs. Jason Young
- Rob Broughton vs. Philip De Fries
- Chris Cope vs. Che Mills
- Chris Cariaso vs. Vaughan Lee
June 25, 2011 9:56:09 PM
All, including late sub Brenneman, on weight for UFC on Versus 4
All fighters, including last-moment replacement Charlie Brenneman, made weight Saturday for Sunday's UFC on Versus 4 event, to be held at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh. Brenneman is filling in for Nate Marquardt, who was removed from the card and the UFC, against Rick Story. The main event is now Pat BArry against Cheick Kongo:
- MAIN EVENT
- Pat Barry (243) vs. Cheick Kongo (234.4)
- MAIN CARD ON VERSUS
- Rick Story (170.4) vs. Charlie Brenneman (170.6)
- John Howard (170.2) vs. Matt Brown (170)
- Christian Morecraft (261.4) vs. Matt Mitrione (261.1)
- ONLINE FIGHTS
- Manvel Gamburyan (145.8) vs. Tyson Griffin (145.8)
- Javier Vazquez (145.8) vs. Joe Stevenson (146)
- Curt Warburton (155.6) vs. Joe Lauzon (156)
- Rich Attonito (170) vs. Daniel Roberts (170.6)
- Charles Oliveira (153.8) vs. Nik Lentz (155.6)
- Matt Grice (145.2) vs. Ricardo Lamas (145.4)
- Edward Faaloloto (155.4) vs. Michael Johnson (155.2)
April 11, 2011 2:47:21 PM
Michael Johnson vs. Edward Faaloloto slated for UFC on Versus 4
UFC officials announced today that Michael Johnson and Edward Faaloloto have verbally agreed to fight.
Johnson is coming off a "TUF 12" loss to season winner Jonathon Brookins at the season finale.
Faaloloto, on the other hand, last competed at WEC 52 where he lost to Anthony Njokuani. This will mark Faaloloto's first UFC fight.
UFC on Versus 4 takes place June 24, in Pittsburgh, at the Consol Energy Center.Source: www.mmadiehards.com
November 12, 2010 4:22:57 PM
WEC 52 Medical Suspensions
The Nevada State Athletic Commission has issued suspensions to nine of the fighters from Thursday evening's WEC 52 event. Five of the fighters suspended could be out for as long as six months.
Takeya Mizugaki, who was choked unconscious by Urijah Faber in the main event, is suspended for 45 days for precautionary reasons. Other precautionary suspensions include Francisco Rivera and Zack Micklewright for 45 days and Edward Faaloloto for 30 days.
Fighters that face possible six months suspensions include Urijah Faber, Javier Vazquez, Raphael Assuncao, Clint Godfrey and Yves Jabouin. All can be cleared early by a physician, and only Vazquez faces a mandatory minimum suspension of 45 days.Source: mmajunkie.com