May 24, 2012 9:22:40 PM
Bellator 70 weigh-in results
Weigh-in results for Bellator 70, which took place today at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
MAIN CARD (MTV2)
- Rick Hawn (156) vs. Brent Weedman (156)
- Champ Cole Konrad (265.2) vs. Eric Prindle (265)
- Hiroshi Nakamura (135.8) vs. Luis Nogueira (135.8)
- Derek Campos (154.8) vs. Rich Clementi (157.2) - 157-pound catchweight
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)
* Fighter did not make weight and will be fine a percentage of their purse.Source: mmadiehards.com
- Keith Schneider (173.6) vs. Josh Shockley (170.8) - 173-pound catchweight
- A.J. Matthews (170.8) vs. Charlie Rader (171)
- Jeremiah Riggs (185.2) vs. Kelvin Tiller (190.8)*
- Kyle Bradley (156.8) vs. John Harris (155.8) - 156-pound catchweight
- Derek Arcement (136) vs. Blake Dufour (136)
April 10, 2012 12:15:12 PM
Champ Cole Konrad vs. Eric Prindle off Bellator 65, moved to Bellator 70
This week's Bellator 65 event has lost a title fight.
A fight between heavyweight champion Cole Konrad (8-0 MMA, 6-0 BFC) and de facto tournament winner Eric Prindle (7-1 MMA, 3-0 BFC) has been moved to Bellator 70 on May 25.
Prindle, who suffered a hand injury, today tweeted news of the change.
Bellator 65 takes place Friday at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Konrad vs. Prindle was expected to join Bellator bantamweight champion Zach Makovsky (14-2 MMA, 6-0 BFC) and fellow headliner Eduardo Dantas (13-2 MMA, 3-0 BFC) on the MTV2-televised main card.
Instead, it'll take place next month at a currently unannounced Bellator 70 show.
The title fight came about after two meetings between season-five tournament finalists Prindle and Thiago Santos were scrapped in recent weeks.
Prindle and Santos first fought at Bellator 59, where the tourney championship went unresolved after Santos accidentally kicked his opponent in the groin. With Prindle unable to continue, the fight was rebooked for Bellator 61 this past month. However, Prindle suffered from flu-like symptoms, and the fight was postponed a week. Then at Bellator 62 weigh-ins, Santos failed to make weight, and Prindle was declared the tournament champion.
Konrad hasn't fought since August, when he earned a unanimous-decision victory over Paul Buentello in a non-title fight. Prior to that, the two-time NCAA Division I national champion and current Team DeathClutch fighter won Bellator's season-three tournament with victories over Rogent Lloret, Damian Grabowski and Neil Grove. That earned him Bellator's inaugural heavyweight title.
Before the Santos fiasco, Prindle advanced to the season-five tourney finale with victories over Abe Wagner and Ron Sparks. It was part of a seven-fight win streak that followed his pro-debut loss to Jimmy Ambriz in 2008.Source: mmajunkie.com