MMA prospect T.J. Laramie
In order to be the best of the best, T.J. Laramie knows where he has to be.
Laramie (Twitter: @AOBLARAMIE) is a budding star from Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Training since the age of 13, Laramie began learning primarily kickboxing at Mady’s Martial Arts, but made the switch to Maximum Training Centre in an … Read More »
MMA prospect T.J. Laramie
- by Jason Kelly on October 27, 2013 1:15:35 AM
Provincial Fighting Championship 1 took place in the Western Fair District in London, Ontario, on Saturday, and every bout delivered.
The main event of PFC 1 had a London favorite, Chris Horodecki, defeating Frank Caraballo in a three-round clash.
Horodecki was te controller of the fight for the most part, but showed his ground game in the … Read More »
- by Jason Kelly on October 26, 2013 9:09:21 PM
The Provincial Fighting Championship 1 preliminary card, which included four first-round finishes, set a high benchmark for the main card
Malcolm Gordon made it through adversity to finish Lloyd Reyes.
Gordon landed harder strike to begin the bout, especially a leg kick that sounded like a bat hitting a tree, but Reyes dropped the ATC fighter. Gordon … Read More »
- by Jason Kelly on October 24, 2013 7:41:49 PM
Chris Horodecki at Bellator 64 press conference
After all Chris Horodecki has done over the years in an effort to grow MMA for Ontarians, “The Polish Hammer” is finally getting what he always wanted.
Horodecki (Twitter: @chrishorodecki) meets Frank Caraballo at Provincial Fighting Championship 1 on Oct. 26 at the Western Fair Grounds in London, Ontario.
London is home … Read More »
Call it the knee-pop heard ’round the world.
It all took place over 31 frantic seconds on Oct. 9 in Barueri, Brazil. Entering the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 29, Rousimar Palhares had lost two straight bouts and desperately needed victory against Mike Pierce. In less time than it took weighing-in, Palhares won that fight but … Read More »
In Their Own Words: The Week’s Noteworthy MMA Quotes
- by Jason Kelly on September 9, 2013 8:40:18 AM
UFC commentator Joe Rogan
“We have a problem, and that problem is pretty deep. First of all, judging is on a ten point must system, which is completely stolen from boxing. The system that we have in place right now is ridiculous. Doc Hamilton had a really interesting fix to that system, which was a half … Read More »
- by Jason Kelly on August 21, 2013 7:06:59 PM
Bellator president Bjorn Rebney at Bellator 64 press conference
“I don’t think we’re going to make an offer at this point. So, I don’t see any reason to make anybody sit out. If Ben’s going to the UFC, we should speed up that process so he can fight. I’d love to see Ben vs. Georges St-Pierre.”
- … Read More »
- by Jason Kelly on August 13, 2013 9:41:39 AM
UFC lightweight No. 1 contender Anthony Pettis
“I want be the guy that goes out there and gives the fans a show. That’s what it’s all about at the end of the day. You’ve got so many fight fans and so many fighters, but I like to be that guy that fight fans want to watch … Read More »
- by Jason Kelly on August 1, 2013 5:25:52 PM
UFC president Dana White
“Nobody wants to watch them on free TV. They’re pulling terrible ratings. If they want to get into the pay-per-view business, get ready to lose some money boys. Real money.”
- UFC president Dana White warned Bellator that the pay-per-view business is not friendly via mmafighting.com.
“Honestly, I feel like I’ve been re-born. My … Read More »
- by Jason Kelly on July 24, 2013 12:45:45 PM
“This guy had a highlight reel that would scare the crap out of anybody. Now, knowing that he can knock this guy out – you’ve seen it in boxing a hundred times, guys don’t come back from that type of knockout. On top of that, the guy is 40 or 39 or whatever he … Read More »
Topps Trading Cards Blog
- Topps Trading Cards has released a spectacular new series of trading cards entitled “UFC Title Shot” for all you collectors out there. Today marks the launch of the new series which features a celebration of past and present UFC champions, plus future UFC title contenders. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
- by Hector Castro on April 4, 2011 2:54:28 PM
Want a piece of Georges St-Pierre’s belt?
At the UFC Fan Expo in Toronto on April 28-29 in Toronto, The Topps Comany will offer exclusively a special autographed commemorative championship belt plate relic card of St-Pierre, the welterweight champion who will be defending his title at UFC 129 on April 30 at … Read More »
- by Maggie Krol on March 30, 2011 4:00:08 PMMMADieHards.com’s Conner Cordova hosts a box break with UFC LW top contender Anthony “Showtime” Pettis and Topps Trading Card Company’s Jeremy Fullerton. WATCH THE VIDEO & INTERACT
- by Bob Badders on February 15, 2011 1:00:41 PM
If you’re an MMA fan, and especially if you’re an MMA fan and collected trading cards at one point in time, you owe it to yourself to check out the latest line of UFC cards from The Topps Trading Card Company.
The recently released “Knockout Series” features a brand new “Ground and Pound” set with authentic … Read More »
One lucky reader, J.R. Garcia, gets his chance to show his MMA prediction skills as he goes against our panel of experts for UFC 125.
This week our expert panel consists of former NFL Running Back Jarrett Payton of ChicagolandSportsRadio.com, Zoltan Bathory ofAlpha Dog Combat Gear and guitarist of Five Finger Death Punch, and Jeremy Fullerton of The Topps … Read More »