Len Bentley blogs TUF 13 for MMADieHards.com

(EDITOR’S NOTE: Len Bentley files a weekly blog for MMADieHards.com and appears Thursdays on Punch Drunk Radio on the MMADieHards Radio Network)

Brock Lesnar came back and heard I had a good fight.  I was surprised when he was rather respectful toward me after my loss gave Junior dos Santos’ team control over the matchups.

While the other guys might have been excited about the special guest Brock brought in — none other than Matt Hughes — all I could do was shake my head and laugh.  Hughes is probably the one guy I really didn’t want to see.

My training partner, Dennis Hallman, is the only man to beat Hughes twice and never suffered a loss to him.  Because Hughes talked some trash about Dennis in his book, I’m really not a fan. You did not see much of me during that segment.

Brock mentioned to Matt  he has the Four Horsemen left — the four guys that we had left to fight: Tony Ferguson, Charlie Rader, Clay Harvison and Chuck O’Neill.  Matt rolled with them first and went over some drills.   I think this was Brock’s way to bring some motivation to our team.

For the fight announcement, Junior picked Ramsey Nijem from his team and Charlie from our team.  We knew Ramsey was a good wrestler, but we were confident in Charlie because he was a good wrestler himself and had good hands.  We felt Charlie would KO Ramsey.

Chuck played a huge part in helping Charlie make his weight with no problem.  Meanwhile, Ramsey was running around naked, dancing, for everyone in the house.  He earned the name “Stripper Ramsey” because he was just too good at it, so good that he made us think he really did it as a side job!

But enough of that, and on to the fight.

Round 1 started out with Ramsey throwing bombs and closing the distance and Charlie defending the whole time.  Charlie seemed a little flat.  That wasn’t the Charlie I got to train with in the house.  It seemed like his nerves were getting to him because he wasn’t letting his hands go.  It made for a boring round but one that clearly went to Ramsey.

I thought, “OK Charlie got the jitters out,” and was going to let those hands go in Round 2.  But no, it started out the same way, with Ramsey throwing bombs, closing the distance, trying for the takedown and ending up slamming Charlie on his shoulder.   There was a scramble out into the center of the cage, where Ramsey took  Charlie’s back and sunk in a rear naked choke for a quick tap. Charlie tapped before the choke was even sunk in.

Brock was so pissed he threw the stool into the cage.   Dana White backed up Brock up by saying Brock cares and hates seeing guys quit.

Then they cut to the dressing room, and only showed a piece of what happened.

It was extremely quiet while Brock was lecturing us.  Brock went off on Clay because he thought Clay wasn’t listening to him while he was asking the other coach a question about the fight.  Then Brock started ranting that we are all walking around here all high and mighty or something to that effect.  That’s when he rattled off the cities we are from.

When he got to Seattle, I was pissed.   This a-hole is saying I’m chicken sh*t and I am walking around all high and mighty when this turd didn’t even show up for my fight and hadn’t even taken the time to watch it when he got back.

So I told him that I fought my heart out and wasn’t gonna stay around for his ass chewing!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

16 Responses to “Len Bentley’s TUF 13 Blog: Talk to the hand, Brock”

1. jojoe
    April 21, 2011 at 10:20 am

Dude that’s total BS on th show. Allot of people feel that ya won that fight or at least desereved a 3rd round. No worries chief you’ll be back

2. April 21, 2011 at 10:59 am

I give bentley the respect for getting in the cage like I do any fighter. But there isn’t a guy on this show that looks like they really want this. And that includes this bentley character trying to get some notoriety by doing some blog about the show. I completely understand brocks frustration. and u don’t walk out like ur above the ass chewing because ur not ur on the team too. Here’s a reality check for u bentley ur no where near as good as u think u are so u might want to start listening to someone like Brock.

3. Joker101
    April 21, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Bently is a baby. I hope he doesn’t get signed and I he does I’ll pray for his safety. He has no heart and was about to quit befor his fight. He needs to take the whole experince in an work with and listen to all of the trainers(guest trainers). No respect. And he sucks, move on udy move on

4. Chuck
    April 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm

This guy talks about Lesnar being a d-bag, but when the entire time I was watching this show, I was thinking wow that Len Bently guy is so into himself. Honestly, by the way Len goes around on that show talking you would think he was the #1 Welterweight in the world or something…when the retard hasn’t even fought in the UFC yet. I totally see where Brock is coming from when he said these guys are walking around all high n mighty, because quite frankly from what I’ve seen from these episodes is that these guys on Lesnar’s team actually do think they are top ten welterweights or something, and that everyone should cater to them. Well guess what boys, you aren’t that good, especially judging by the fights I’ve seen so far.

5. Lentheho
    April 21, 2011 at 1:23 pm

What a whiner this Bentley is. He’s a gossipping little girl, going around telling people Cope is a spy. Then he rats him out to Brock without proof becuz he’s a tweaked out little girl. No RESPECT to Bentley. He’s a WOMAN with NO SKILLZ, who lost to an up and comer like Ryan. He has NO SHOT at the UFC and should stay in the local shows where he belogs. Your NOT A MAN Bentley. Your a gossip girl.

6. BR
    April 21, 2011 at 2:53 pm

BENTLY – QUIT WHINING. U GOT UR ASS KICKED.

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK THAT A FORMER CHAMPION LIKE BROCK NEEDS TO WATCH UR FIGHT
    AFTER U LOST? HE DOESNT OWE U NOTHIN.

UR MEDIOCRE AT BEST , TOO SMALL FOR THE DIVISION , TOO OLD, AND WONT MAKE THE UFC.

QUIT COMPLAINING , AND TRAIN MORE……..DRAMA QUEEN.

7. MMA FAN
    April 21, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Dear Len,

You lost your fight fairly, and Brock owes you NOTHING. Learn how to be humble and worry about YOU. Like him or not, Brock IS entitled to tell you his opinion when it comes to MMA. Win a fight, and maybe you would be entitled to something of your own. Your bad attitude is what is not only holding you back, but your team as well.

You are set to fail in this world, and I truly hope to NEVER see you in the UFC. I’m sure your partially angry from the constant gloomy state you’re from, but don’t take it out on the rest of the world.

Sincerely,

A fan of MMA

8. April 21, 2011 at 4:33 pm

[...] his elimination fight against Ramsey Nijem and Bentley tells MMA Die Hards he eventually stormed out in [...]

9. April 21, 2011 at 9:18 pm

LOL….who is Lesner to call anyone chicken ____ after his last two fights! The guy a Big P_ _ _ _ y once he gets hit! He is an embarrasment to MMA and doesn’t deserve to even be a coach nevermind in the cage.

10. Matt
    April 21, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Have any of you ever been in one on one competition? Fighting, boxing, wrestling, anything? It’s a bit emotional when you put it all that hard work and lose. I don’t think Brock has been the greatest coach, all he’s done is spout “chicken sh*t”. Hughes, on the other hand, he probably should’ve taken more seriously. All he did while he was there was coach, and there’s no substitute for that kind of experience. Regardless of whether or not Hallman beat him back in the day. Len showed more heart than any of the guys who lost and I’d like to see him get the wild card because I don’t think he’s done.

11. April 22, 2011 at 12:10 am

Yes matt I have been in one on one competition a few times I would consider myself credible to speak on this matter. http://www.google.com/search?oe=UTF-8&client=safari&q=Quentin+Henry+promo&hl=en&tbs=vid:1&tbm=vid
    Len needs to humble himself he hasn’t done anything to be acting like he deserves everything. He knows he didn’t fight his best and that he could have done more. He doesn’t deserve a wild card. He didn’t fight like a 1st pick fighter.

12. Guest123
    April 22, 2011 at 2:56 am

Len sounds like a disrespectful crybaby. Lesnar was obviously very disappointed and frustrated with his team. Is Len not a part of that team? It’s that group mentality where if someone messes up, then you all get punished. If Len is too mentally weak to deal with that type of criticism (criticism that wasn’t really even directed at him), then I don’t like his chances in this sport.

13. April 23, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Go home Len you douchebag, you are old and got yr ass handed to you and ypu blame the world for it, you 1st class prick

14. April 25, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Time out. This is a blog. This is supposed to be Bentley’s opinions and that’s exactly what he’s giving us. Also, TUF fighters have weekly episode blogs all over the internet so this isn’t the only one complaining about Lesnar and whatnot.

Given the lack of direction of both the show and the coaches in the overall season, we shouldn’t be getting on Bentley’s case. Neither Lesnar or Dos Santos are reflected as really caring about the show or their fighters (not showing up for Bentley’s fight? Personal reasons or not, really?), unlike Koscheck and GSP (respectively) last season; that being said, I think it’s fair to say that those attitudes are rubbing off on the contestants- not seeing any passion or drive, even from the winners. If they were treated with respect and given the proper attention from the guys running their training and fights, I’m sure we’d see that reciprocated from Bentley and the other guys. On top of that, we’re not seeing training any where near the caliber of last season or any proper commentary on the training.

It’s completely unfair to judge Bentley’s personal opinions of his own experience, when we as the audience aren’t even seeing half of what’s going on.

15. Ghost of retard
    April 28, 2011 at 10:16 am

Len you’re a fucking retarded bitch. You suck at all aspects of mma, and youre a poor representation of Seattle. Keep “fighting your heart out”, you suck!

16. Piglet
    April 28, 2011 at 7:22 pm

It’s sad that so many are so eager to call names and go off about something they only heard, saw, or know part of. I doubt many of us have been videotaped continually for weeks and if so, I doubt you controlled every single word out of your mouth or even cared about what anyone thought anyways.

Write a Comment